Senior Structural Engineering Project Manager
As AHJ Engineers celebrates 36 years of providing quality structural engineering services across the west, our home city of Boise, Idaho continues to enjoy a steadily growing economy. We pride ourselves in being true ‘consultants’, known for practical problem solving and constructible design solutions for all buildings types.
Job Description: AHJ Engineers is seeking an exceptional, self-motivated individual with a desire to grow in their career and leadership goals. The senior structural engineering project manager will split his/her time between managing the engineering for multiple clients’ projects and mentoring the staff engineers who assist. The following characteristics describe the ideal candidate:
- High level of understanding of all building types, load paths and economical detailing practices.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- PE license and SE license (or sitting for SE exam within 1 year).
- 8+ years progressive structural engineering work history.
- Proven leadership and intentional mentorship of an in-house project team.
- Advanced working knowledge of the IBC and its reference documents.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- A keen knowledge of detailing and constructability.
- Proven ability to manage client expectations, striving for a problem-free project experience.
- Ability and desire to engage in business development activities.
- Strong organizational and efficiency skills.
- Experience or fluency in BIM (Revit) environment.
- Dedication to managing project budgets and utilization rates to ensure successful metrics.
- Competitive salary ($90k +/- D.O.E.)
- Semi-annual bonuses based on company profits and individual successes
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Insurance
- 15 paid vacation and sick days per year (20 days after 5 years)
- 7 paid holidays per year
- 401K with company match
- Professional development opportunities (in-house training, conferences and expenses)
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedule
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Periodic staff lunches and company outings (ask about our Groundhog Day event)
- Modern office space with ergonomic equipment and natural light in a park like setting
- Wide variety of interesting design projects
If you are interested and meet the requirements of this posting, please send your résumé and cover letter describing your career goals to David Haugland at [email protected], 9751 W Chinden Blvd #200, Garden City, ID 83714.