Esther Simplot Performing Arts

These two existing building were constructed in the early 1900’s and were originally used as a warehouse facility. Both buildings were constructed of unreinforced masonry with very extensive sawn lumber interior framing elements. The intent of this project was to remodel/renovate the buildings so they could be used for dance and music rehearsals/recitals. Practice rooms, elaborate formal recital halls and administrative offices were added to the interior of each building. The buildings were retrofitted for minimum code prescribed lateral forces using the Uniform Code for Building Construction (UCBC) to address life safety issues.

This entry was posted in Historic Restoration. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.